Well, this an exciting topic and I got many suggestions from our readers to differentiate between Inverter AC vs 5 Star AC, here we are.
So, first, we need to understand that an inverter AC also has star ratings just like the non-inverter normal one. The non-inverter AC comes up with various star rating categories within 1-5 stars.
However, in the latest inverter AC models, you will be able to get BEE ratings around 3-5 Stars. Almost all of the non-inverter AC models come with 3 Star ratings. You’d barely find any 4-star non-inverter.
At the same time, there are no models of 1-2 stars in the non-inverter category. Let’s now understand how exactly the process goes.
So, there are basically 2 types of Air Conditioners. First one is the Inverter AC & the other is Non-Inverter AC… Let’s now understand the fundamental difference.
- Non-Inverter AC:- Earlier there used to be all traditional models, so in this one, the compressor of the appliance works at a fixed speed and keeps switching on and off itself as per requirements…
- Inverter AC:- Now as we have the latest technology, the inverter air conditioner instructs the compressor smartly. The compressor doesn’t turn off, it somewhat changes its speed depending on the requirement.
Let’s cut it short…
We all look to save electricity a lot these days because of the high bills. However, an air conditioner is a device that requires a lot of power and adds up more to the bill. Hence, there has to be a way in which we can save some money.
You are here to research, and I will make sure you get the complete information without researching it anywhere else.
The term “inverter” doesn’t mean that the AC would work on your Inverter during power cuts. It, therefore, uses inverter technology during the cooling process to convert AC current into DC to regulate the compressor speed.
I’d strongly recommend you to go with an inverter AC to protect yourself from this hot temperature. It will also help you in saving some money on the bills.
There are a lot of Air Conditioners with different brands & models in the market, thereby, it becomes slightly challenging as to what model we should go for.
Further in this article, you’d find complete pros & cons for both Inverter & non-Inverter AC and how they work. Yes, you should be aware of the goods & the bads to make a decision like a pro.
Keep reading the article to understand the exact process. Additionally, below you can find our recommendation of Inverter ACs. You can also check the latest price of these models on Amazon by tapping on the name of the model.
5 Best Inverter Air Conditioners in India:-
- Daikin 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC
- Voltas 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC
- Carrier 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC
- LG 1.5 Ton 5 Star Dual Inverter Split AC
- Whirlpool 1.5 Ton 3 Star Inverter Split AC
Also, if you have planned a certain amount, you can refer to the best AC under 30000 where you will find some great AC models at affordable prices.
Inverter AC vs 5 Star AC Power Consumption
So, it is all about the compressor. Rest the central unit of the AC is almost the same.
In the latest Inverter AC’s, if you set a temperature, it quickly cools the room, and then the temperature remains the same. It means, after maintaining the desired temperature, the compressor won’t automatically turn off. The compressor instead lowers down its speed so that it doesn’t have to work hard.
You won’t even recognize if the compressor is working or not as it has almost no noise and vibration. Therefore, it is very power efficient.
In the non-inverter AC’s, once the room reaches the temperature you’ve set up. It then switches off the compressor automatically.
Once the temperature starts increasing, the compressor gets turned on automatically. This results in the extra effort of the compressor.
, and during that time, the power requirement goes to the peak.
So, it repeats the same process throughout the day. Ultimately, the temperature of the non-inverter AC room is never the same. It keeps on changing as the machine’s algorithm is designed in a way that it consumes more electricity.
Now, if we talk about the Bureau of Energy Efficiency [BEE Rating], they rate a product in terms of power efficiency. Remember, the more increase in rating, the more that appliance consumes less electricity.
So, according to BEE, a 3-star inverter AC is far better than a 5 Star Non-Inverter AC in terms of power efficiency and performances as well.
Now, in the below article, you can go through the pros and cons of both types of AC.
Pros of Inverter AC
- The first and the best is, it has a practical and silent operation. The compressor changes the speed level’s automatically, and you won’t even recognize if it is making changes.
- With that said, the smart inverter AC senses and adjusts the compressor speed based on the outdoor and indoor temperature. It doesn’t drastically change the temperature. Thus, it maintains it effectively.
- Since the compressor works at a constant speed, it, therefore, doesn’t require extra efforts which ultimately helps in excellent efficiency and increasing the lifespan.
- The inverter AC quickly cools the room’s temperature, and with that, it also reduces the electricity unit consumption. According to a report, inverter AC saves around 20% of electricity as compared to the traditional ones.
- The best part is these model’s use of various refrigerants which are environment friendly. There are different sorts of fossil fuels used in electricity production. Thereby, it saves a decent amount of your hard-earned money and makes it environment friendly at the same time.
- Lastly, there are no chances of electricity consumption peaks because the compressor doesn’t automatically turn off unless done manually.
Let’s now discuss the area of opportunity.
Cons of Inverter AC :-
I wouldn’t directly say that these are disadvantages; however, this is something that you need to know as it’s imperative.
- As the Inverter AC consumes less electricity, these are slightly expensive.
- You can still recover your investment because it has a long lifespan. Additionally, you will save a recurring amount on the bills.
- At the time of maintenance, service or any sort of repair. It is slightly on the higher side because the compressor runs continuously.
- Lastly, as this is a new technology so you will have to call in the manufacturer service technician to get it fixed. This is because not every technician is familiar with inverter technology.
The other side isn’t much to worry about because this is normal. Even if you are spending high on maintenance or investing extra.
Trust me, you can use the device for years with peace of mind. The brands provide extended warranties, and at the same time, it doesn’t really require much maintenance.
Thank you all for going through this complete article, I am sure you are now aware of the full details of Inverter AC vs 5 Star AC
These are the criteria which are most important to have info on so that you can choose the perfect fit for your house.
With that said, if we purchase any appliance, it’s vital to take care and maintain it in the best possible manner. This is to make sure the lifespan can be increased. After all, it’s an investment that we are making.
This will eventually help you understand the basics that you can follow in your daily routine with ease.
In case of any doubts, queries, questions or even suggestions, please do mention it in the comment section below. Every piece of a word is most valuable to our valuable readers.
Lastly, if you like this article, I’d appreciate a like and social share. 🙂
Shubham Sachdeva is a customer service & escalation head with almost 7 years of experience in corporate before starting Your Kitchen Arena. Being a gadget freak he has always loved to learn the inner working of various machines and consumer electronics. He regularly tests various audio, home appliances, and daily use products, to provide the best advice to readers. He is a wizard that can make your shopping easy, saving you time and stress of figuring out what to buy.