LG vs Samsung Washing Machine – Which is better & why?
Whatever comparison you go through, the South Korean giant LG would be quite common, be it any home appliance or electronics.
The reason being, they have earned their reputation in the market, and people tend to choose them without any sort of hesitation.
Right before this article, we’ve discussed Bosch and LG washing machines wherein there are still some facts where LG comes to a step ahead.Anabolic steroids in bodybuilding hgh en vente libre proviron pills bodybuilding anabolic steroids | hosni automotive.
So, now once again we are here with another great discussion of LG vs Samsung – Which is the better washing machine brand?
Further, in this article, I’ll briefly describe the quality, features, technology, pricing, after-sales service & reliability of both the brands.
- Overview – LG vs Samsung Washing Machines
- Samsung vs LG – Reliable Models
- 1) LG 7 KG 5 Star Inverter Fully Automatic [FHM1207ZDL]
- 2) Samsung 7 KG 5 Star Inverter Fully Automatic [WW70J42G0BW/TL]
- The Journey Of Both The Brands
- What Aspects Makes These Brands Different?
- Technologies Used In LG and Samsung Washing Machines
Overview – LG vs Samsung Washing Machines
Since you are looking for a comparison and trying to understand the difference between these two brands, it is apparent that you might be figuring out the best quality and brand washing machine for your home.
We are almost in 2023, and I’ve been working on reviewing these brands & their reviews almost on a daily basis because these are the only two brands that confuse people a lot. Hence, in order to make your work easier, I would just mention the highest-rated and reviewed models till date. You can click on the link below and read the reviews and understand how much people loved these models. And I am sure these will be the only most selling models in the entire 2023.
The above were the top & front-load models from LG. Now, I will mention Samsung’s front & top load models below.
Now, before you go ahead and proceed with the shopping link, make sure you check the reviews & compare the price on Flipkart as well. These models are available with them as well; you can click here to check the first model and tap on this link for the second one.
After hours of intensive research, I found LG the most reliable when it comes to front-load. To be precise, I’d suggest you have a look at this specific model of LG on Amazon. It has got the best reviews and will serve the purpose for years without interruption. At the same time, if you have a large family, you can consider this model on Amazon as it has some of the best available features.
Samsung and LG are global enterprises as they manufacture & deliver millions of products globally.
Most importantly, both brands provide innovative features and exceptional wash experience. However, there are a few key differences as well, such as design, appearance and programs which we’ll cover below.
One thing for sure is these brands are unbeatable and unmatched in the washing machines market. You won’t end up making a wrong decision by choosing either of them.
They both provide exceptional wash experience, and the best part is that both brands are reliable when it comes to service & quality.
LG is more into the latest technology & innovative features. And at the same time, Samsung comes with the latest impressive designs along with useful technologies.
There isn’t a lot of difference between these models; however, my priority will be LG. If there’s a good deal or offer with Samsung, that would work as well.
In other words, please make sure the product best suits your requirement, and it should also have to fit well in the price that you’ve planned.
Now, let’s proceed further, and I’ll share with you the best models of both the brands.
Let’s dive in!
Samsung vs LG – Reliable Models
Now, I’m going to present a table in which you can see the comparison of features of LG & Samsung 7 KG Machines.
LG 7 KG Inverter
Samsung 7 KG Inverter
5 STAR (Best)
5 STAR (Best)
Maximum Spin Speed
2 years on unit [ 10 years motor ]
3 years on unit [ 10 years motor ]
Let me go ahead and suggest some great models of both Samsung and LG
This model from LG has a capacity of 7 KG and suits perfectly for medium-sized family ( up to 5 members )
The reason this model is in the first place is that it has got the maximum positive reviews. Also, it is trending a lot in the current year.
In traditional models, you’ll find the motor connected to the pulleys, plates etc. However, the motor of this machine is directly connected to the drum, which reduces noise & vibration. It is called inverter direct drive technology.
I am sure some people like multitasking in the kitchen during laundry. Hence, it has the safest waterproof touch panel. So, it is entirely safe even if you access the panel with wet hands.
Detailed Information Regarding the Product
- Since every fabric has it’s valued and requires proper maintenance, LG features a great 6 Motion direct drive technology. It means the drum of the machine would rotate in different directions ensuring even the stubborn stains are also removed with ease.
- Most importantly, it is ideal for locations having frequent power cuts as it has the smart Auto Restart facility. The machine automatically starts from where it was left off.
- The inbuilt heater of the machine can heat the water to 60 degrees C. It also ensures the stubborn stains are removed thoroughly, making the clothes allergen-free at the same time.
- The material quality of the drum is stainless steel which is among the best in the market. No plastic is used. Hence, you can be assured of any bacteria or germs intervention.
- One of the best features of this machine is special baby care. Of Course, baby clothes require much more effective cleaning than any other fabric because of sensitivity.
- Thus, the wash program initially keeps the water at 40 degrees C for 15 minutes, and then around 60 degree removes bacteria, detergent residue & other impurities.
- Should anything go wrong with the appliance? It’s super easy. You need to connect it through the Smart ThinQ app using your smartphone. And you can easily diagnose up to 86 errors.
- The TUB, the neat feature, is helpful. It heats water at 85 degrees C, which removes the dirt and water stains efficiently. You get a two years warranty on the overall product and extended ten years on the motor. (T&C apply)
What are its benefits?
- Great Design
- Child Lock
- Waterproof Touch Panel
- Inbuilt Heater
- Stainless Steel Drum
- 6 Motion Technology
- Smart Diagnosis
- Tub Clean
- Robust Build Quality
- Excellent Post Sales Service
What are the drawbacks?
- No cons at all ( Excellent User Reviews)
Overall Rating – 4.4/5
LG washing machine is undoubtedly one of the best energy-efficient washing machines. Moreover, it is rated 5 stars by BEE so with this one you won’t have to worry about the electricity bills.
Why should you buy it?
We all know that LG is the leading brand of electronics. Not only should we think about how privileged the brand is. It comes with tons of premium and useful features that will surely make your life easier than ever.
While purchasing a washing machine, we all look for qualities such as energy efficiency, noise and vibration level, wash quality, kids safety, etcetera. This product comes with all these fantastic features making sure it is an excellent fit for your house.
Also Read: Kent Grand vs Kent Grand Plus
As we discussed, both brands are similar in almost every aspect; this is applicable in terms of price as well.
Yes, there’s a very minimal price difference, and quality is almost the same. It is again a 7KG capacity inverter front load which is perfect for up to 5 family members.
It is available in crystal white colour, so some extra maintenance is crucial to maintain its originality.
Samsung is well known for its design and appearance, that said, this machine features an elegant looking crystal glass door.
This model is aesthetically pleasing and can seamlessly in any modular kitchen to complement its interior.
During the time you are washing lightly soiled clothes like handkerchiefs, you can access the quick wash program that’ll get the job done in as less as 15 minutes.
Detailed Information Regarding the Product
- In the LG model, we’ve seen the digital inverter motor. It’s precisely the case with Samsung as well. In other words, this technology is super helpful and is much more power-efficient than conventional motors.
- It has an increased lifespan which delivers long-lasting performance. Most importantly, it reduces noise and vibration.
- The best part is that it has the chemical-free drum sanitization, which is used to keep the drum hygienically clean.
- Now, the question is when and how to use this program?
- The machine would automatically notify you when it is required. It doesn’t use detergent. It instead uses a combination of pulsating, soaking & high speed spinning to clean the drum.
- Similarly, like Smart Thinq, Samsung features smart check technology. Repeatedly technician service calls are the last thing they wanted us to experience.
- Smart Check is an automated error-monitoring system that detects any discrepancy and conveys it to you via smartphone. You can follow some troubleshooting steps to get rid of the issue.
- It also takes care of the fabric in the best possible manner; at times, the clothes get trapped.
- You won’t have to worry about that, thanks to its tiny water exit holes inside the drum. The diamond drum has a soft curl design that has diamond-shaped smooth ridges which are gentle with the fabric.
- Lastly, you get a three years warranty on the overall product and ten years extended warranty on the motor. (T&C apply)
What are its benefits?
- Great Elegant Design
- Brand Reliability
- White Color
- Smart Check
- Digital Inverter Motor
- Quick Wash Program
- Drum Sanitization
- Excellent Post Sale Service
What are the drawbacks?
- Some users reported delay in installation
- Other than that, no cons
Overall Rating – 4.2 / 5
The machine has a higher spin speed of 1200 RPM, which leads to exceptional quality performance and saves your wash cycle time. It is again rated 5 Star by BEE that helps save a considerable amount of electricity.
Why should you buy it?
If you are looking for a practical and affordable washing machine, you should undoubtedly go for Samsung 7KG. It is the only washer dryer that you will get in this price range.
It comes with a 1200 RPM spin speed, which ensures excellent performance. The machine has a child lock feature which is safe for kids as well. Other useful features make it one of the best product you should buy.
Related: IFB vs LG Washing Machine
The Journey Of Both The Brands
LG, the name says it all! The brand was established in 1958, and since then, they are remarkable in this digital era.
The knowledge and experience they have got are by manufacturing millions of home appliances.
They entered the Indian market in 1993 and worked very hard and focused on user experience and quality.
That’s what made them what they are today, after a few years, the brand kept on increasing its value and now considered the leading reliable brand across the globe.
The characteristics “L” & “G” in their symbol symbolizes humanity, technology, world, future & youth. The red colour in their logo represents friendliness towards customers as they are always committed to delivering the best.
In the washing machine segment, they are the most favoured & reliable brands. And it’s not that you’d have to pay a high amount for that.
Samsung is in the big names of the home appliances and electronics manufacturing brands. Their journey began in 1969, and since then, they have been achieving success across the globe.
They very well understood the importance of being the best in product designs. Backed by their hard work and innovation of latest technologies. And this very well positioned them in the user’s mind as well as in the market.
Samsung’s headquarters is in Suwon. I believe their design has now shifted from product-focused to both service & quality-focused philosophy.
Products have always been a key perspective on them. They have consistently been building their brand value in the market.
Not only in design and appearance, but users trust this brand for quality purposes as well. And based on my personal experience, yes you can certainly go with this brand without any hesitation.
What Aspects Makes These Brands Different?
To make things slightly simple between the comparison of LG vs. Samsung, I’ll now break it down in similarities & differences.
In terms of build quality, you can rest assured with both. Both of them have products that have stainless steel quality, rust/waterproof touch panel, which makes their products entirely safe.
If we talk about the features and technologies used by LG and Samsung Washing Machines, it’d be a win-win situation with both.
Just like we discussed above, LG and Samsung Washing Machines use almost similar features which are at times named differently.
However, depending on the features and the price of the product. I’ve analyzed that Samsung is a step ahead.
The reason being, their prices are slightly less as compared to LG, with almost the same amount of features.
In terms of spin speed, I’d say it differs with different models however you get high spin speed models with both the brands.
Either way, above 1000, RPM is always a decent speed to go with.
The service quality with both brands is terrific! Just that there are differences in price tags.
Let me make it even simple!
So, as we discussed in some of the other articles as well, there are different types of washing machines. You can get semi & fully automatic, and at the same time, there are top & front-loads as well.
As you know that front-load & fully automatic are always better. The reason being everything is on automated processes.
But that can be slightly tricky at times because front load machines would not be suitable at locations with water pressure issues.
At the same time, the fully automatic machines are priced slightly on the higher side, which is a matter of concern for people with budget constraints.
In other words, the price difference for both the brands doesn’t have a major difference, but it totally depends on the model & control type you choose to buy.
Check: Kitchen Chimney Hob Combo
Technologies Used In LG and Samsung Washing Machines
Note: All these technologies are not used in all the models provided by both brands.
LG uses a wrinkle care feature to ensure that the clothes are entirely wrinkle-free and comes out fresh & clean. Samsung uses smart sensors with innovative technologies to ensure the dryer automatically stops once the clothes reach the desired optimum dryness.
LG also uses a Sensor dry system. It means the sensors will sense the moisture and humidity level to ensure the perfect drying process. Samsung uses alert to mobile services whenever it detects any blockage.
Direct Drive & Baby Care
Just like we discussed, direct-drive technology is very helpful in reducing noise as well as effective wash cycle.
At the same time with Samsung, the six motion technology gives you a complete wash cycle. The drum rotates at 360 degrees to remove stubborn stains once and for all.
Baby care is what I liked the most. It is very helpful for people with infants. Their clothes require extra care, and that’s what LG does for you. With this program, you can be assured as the clothes will be entirely germ & allergen-free.
At times, we forget to add clothes. Samsung provides more comfortability with the Add wash door feature. You can even add clothes after the wash cycle has begun. LG uses turbo wash technology which reduces the wash cycle and drying time.
LG features Anti Vibration design of its drum which drastically reduces the noise and vibration. The super-speed feature by Samsung can perform a wash cycle in as less as 30 minutes irrespective of the laundry load.
Both brands have great advantages of washers and dryers. Therefore, it would be a wise choice to go with either of them in terms of quality.
This brings me to an end of the comparison between LG vs. Samsung Washing Machines. What we have observed so far is, both brands stand well in the market with great technologies.
I have covered almost all details of both the brands above. I hope this guide helped you make a final call.
Let me share my recommendation as well:-
If I would have been at your place, I’d choose a fully automatic front load washing machine from LG. In cost perspectives, yes, I agree it is on the higher side; however, this investment would surely help me recover almost 10x or more in the coming years.
The bottom line, understand your requirement and go with the best deal in terms of pricing and features.
Now, I’d love to hear back from you, in case of any queries, feel free to type in the comment section below.
Last update on 2024-01-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API